Crossroads provides essential life-saving prevention and intervention programs for over 1,000 Anglo teens and young adults in Israel each year to reach their potential and thrive.
• Street Outreach: Every weekend our social workers engage in active outreach roaming the central streets of downtown Jerusalem. Through street outreach, our Social Workers provide crisis intervention when necessary and inform teens and young adults about the services and resources available to assist them at the Drop-in Center.
• Drop-in Center: offers a safe space for teens and young adults to hang out with friends, interact with Social Workers, participate in various enrichment activities, or just relax. The doors open daily at 2:30 p.m. The evening Moadon is open Sunday through Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. A range of ongoing and one-time activities is offered based on participant interests. There is also a special Thursday Night Chill program each week in the Moadon from 9:15 p.m. until 11:15 p.m. Activities include ‘Open Mic’ nights, concert series to showcase talents, paint nights and time to just hang out and relax with friends.
• Expressive Arts: an opportunity for teens to explore and express their creativity, gain practical skills and a deeper sense of self through various programs in art, ‘School of Rock’ music program, Crossroads Theater Shed, creative writing, yoga, meditation, photography. The new Crossroads Theater Shed program was recently launched to bring together teens and young adults from different backgrounds to develop their theater skills. It focuses on improvisation, acting techniques, and participation in a group theater production.
• Therapeutic Counseling and Casework: subsidized therapeutic counseling helping address behavioral, psychological, social and emotional issues. We also help arrange, coordinate and advocate for additional community services that meet specific client needs. Therapy sessions are generally held from 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday
• Crisis Hotline: 24/ 7 Crossroads Teen Crisis Hotline is a resource at all times and accessible throughout Israel to help teens & young adults who may be experiencing extreme emotional distress or personal crisis.
• Educational assistance: Crossroads assists with educational needs in two ways. First, helping obtain extra support for those currently enrolled in high school or college and struggling academically. Second, offering a G.E.D. preparatory course to complete a high school equivalency degree. The course is available on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Create Your Own Future (CYF) Employment Center: assistance with resume building, conducting a job search, applying to various jobs, trouble-shooting job-related issues and opportunities to learn essential job skills through supervised job internships and apprenticeships, and workshops with local business owners and entrepreneurs.
• Gap-year services: support for gap-year students and schools in meeting the full spectrum of their mental health needs, from crisis intervention to individual therapy. Additionally, Crossroads staff is available for training, workshops & consultations for gap-year program administration, educators, madrichim and staff.
• Enrichment and prevention programs in communities outside of Jerusalem: Beit Shemesh; Hashmonaim
Learn more about us on our site: https://www.new.crossroadsjerusalem.org/
Art Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Emotionally Focused, Expressive Arts, Psychodynamic, Social Support